THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT HAS EXPIRED
Wetlands International is seeking an enthousiastic and experienced Communications Officer with experience in an international environment. The Communications Officer is responsible for the development of our web-based and printed communication products and activities.
Click here for more information.
Scale: 2500-3500 Euro gross salary for 36 hours/week
Based in: Ede, Netherlands
Contract: 32 hours a week, one year with option for longer
Develop the global web-based outreach (50%)
- Add and improve the website regarding content, navigation, look and feel (text, images, film, links, fora etc.) on an ongoing basis.
- Improve our online visibility; develop our social media tools for online visibility and for creating communities of people
- Support offices and other headquarter staff in working on their regional websites (style guidance and some basic technical guidance)
- Liaise with the external technical developer to improve the system and solve problems
Create communication products (40%)
- Organise the development of major communication products like the annual review, brochures or films. Organise inputs from technical staff, draft texts,
- Coordinate editing, design and printing of those products, select photos
- Liaise with external designers, writers, film makers and printing companies.
Develop the administration of the communications department (10%)
- Maintain the photo, film, publication and press databases.
Relevant education on MBO+ HBO level.
- Passion for conservation and international development issues
Strong experience in working on website development (content).
Demonstrated writing skills for different audiences and products
An excellent command of written and spoken English.
Knowledge of technical software and website issues (html, basic photo, film and pdf editing)
Knowledge of other languages; preferably Spanish, French
Knowledge of wetland issues
For more information on this vacancy, you can contact Alex Kaat 0318-660912 or Esther Schenkelaars 0318-660913.
For applying to this vacancy, please send us a resume and an application letter indicating your motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
before 18 January 2012. Please indicate our reference CAO-2012 in the subject line of your e-mail.
Due to immigration regulations, this position is only open for European (EU, EFTA) citizens.
About Wetlands International
Wetlands International is a global, non-profit organisation dedicated solely to the work of wetlands conservation as a contribution to sustainable development. We aim for wetland conservation to maintain the key values of these areas: local livelihoods, climate regulation, water provision and biodiversity.
The organisation has a core staff of around 200 people in 16 offices world‑wide. Wetlands International works with partners in government, NGO’s and the private sector and manages a large number of global level, multi-partner projects. Our work ranges from working at the grass roots level with community groups to advocacy at global conventions. The Ede office is the headquarters of the global organisation.
The Advocacy and Communication staff play a key role in outreach to support the implementation of our strategy and to brand the organisation to support partnership development and resource development. Online outreach, including our website system of a global site and sites for offices, is an increasingly crucial element in this.