Technical Assistant Biodiversity (2 months)
Wetlands International is seeking a Technical Assistant - biodiversity for 2 months.
- Collect information on wetlands and waterbirds
- Maintains records, updates database, sets up files, validates, data etc.
- Works closely with Technical Officer, project partners and project group members
Fore more information, click here
The successful candidate has the ability to assess waterbird and wetlands related references, understand and develop database structures to support the organization. S/he has a clear interest in international conservation and sustainable development.
- Minimum HBO or B.Sc. qualification in a relevant scientific discipline(e.g. biology, geography, environmental science/management)
- Well developed computer skills, preferably a sound knowledge of database management, including the use of programs such as Microsoft Access and other SQL based software.
- Attention to details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and in particular excellent written English
- Experience in performing (qualitative and quantitative) research and in formulating clear and well-documented reports
- Ornithology background especially in the field of waterbirds
- Interest in working in an international multi-cultural community
- Active interest in current environment and development matters
For more information on this vacancy, you can contact Stephan Flink 0318-660932 or Esther Schenkelaars 0318-660913.
For applying to this vacancy, please send us an e-mail indicating your availability and a resume to email@example.com
before 9 January 2012. Please indicate our reference TAB-2012 in the subject line of your e-mail.
Please note that our office will be closed until 2 January 2012. You will be receiving an out-of-office reply.