Finance Officer 24-32 hours a week
Wetlands International's finance team is recruiting a enthusiastic
Finance Officer, who will responsible for the timely and accurate day-to-day operation of general financial processes, the financial project administration and the preparation of quarterly financial and management reports. The Financial Officer will also assist the Financial Controller in preparating data for the annual accounts and audit process.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Coordinate the financial administration for projects;
- Coordinate the day to day headquarters general financial processing and reporting;
- Act as the initial finance point of contact for project managers during the planning, operational and reporting phases; reviewing of contract proposals, generating timely an accurate information and reporting
- Prepare the quarterly financial and management reporting package
- Support the Financial Controller in the headquarters budgetting process;
- Act as a back-up for salary and pension administration and control.
The successful candidate is a qualified financial professional with some years of accounting experience in a project-driven organisation, has strong and creative problem-solving skills and an ability to explain financial issues to non-financial management. The candidate also has an interest in international nature conservation and sustainable development.
Essential skills and experience
• Recognised professional accounting qualification.
• Working knowledge of the Dutch financial and statutory reporting requirements.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English
• Experience of project accounting on major, multi-site projects
• Working experience with financial accounting systems and management information systems relevant to the sector
• Proficiency in MS office; especially Excel.
Preferred skills and experience
• Additional language skills – particularly French, Dutch
• Experience in working in an international multi-cultural community with multi-site organisations
• Experience in salary and pension administration
• Experience of accounting in developing countries
• Active interest in current environment and development matters
The Finance Officer is reporting to the Financial Controller. The position is a part-time position for 24-32 hours per week, based in Ede, The Netherlands. Salary indication (full time, 36 hours): € 2300 - € 2700 per month.
For applying to this vacancy, please send us a resume and an application letter indicating your motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org before 13 February. Please indicate our reference FO-2012 in the subject line of your e-mail.
Due to immigration regulations, this position is only open for European (EU, EFTA) citizens.
Wetlands International is a leading global, non-profit organisation dedicated solely to the work of wetlands conservation for poverty alleviation, water management, climate regulation and biodiversity. The organisation has a core staff of around 200 people in 18 offices world‑wide. Wetlands International works with partners in government, NGO’s and the private sector and manages a large number of global level, multi-partner projects as well as working at the grass roots level with community groups. The Ede office is the headquarters of the global organisation.
The Finance department consists of the Financial Controller, a Senior Finance Officer, a Finance Officer (vacancy) and a Finance Assistant.