Reporting to: Chief Operations Officer
Full-time/Part-time: Part-time, 28 hours per week
Location: Ede office, Netherlands
Salary indication: €2500 - €3500 per month (scale 10) on a full time basis (36 hours)
Download the full vacancy here
Wetlands International is a leading global, not-for-profit organisation dedicated to sustain and restore wetlands, their resources and biodiversity, as a contribution to sustainable development. It’s goal is to wisely use and restore wetlands for the role they play in improving human well- being and local livelihoods, conserving biodiversity, sustaining the water cycle and reducing climate change and its impacts.
Wetlands International has a staff of approximately 150 people working in it’s network of independent offices in Europe, Africa, South, East and North Asia, Oceania and Latin America. The headquarters is based in the Netherlands. Besides the network of local offices, Wetlands also has a network of partners and experts.
INSIDE Wetlands International:
COO, CEO, finance controller, finance officer, other headquarters staff, staff from the office network
OUTSIDE Wetlands International:
Staffing agencies, Arbo services, Insurance companies, potential candidate networks, Tax administration office, IND (Immigration Authorities)
Overall purpose of the job
To assist the Management Board and staff throughout the network with recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance monitoring and staff counselling. Supporting the human resource processes in the Wetlands International office in Ede being the primary responsibility.
- Coordinate, organise and support recruitment procedures
- Coordination of the yearly process of performance assessment,
- Advise and support line managers on HR issues.
- Adjust the HR policies and practises to changing law, legislation and market conditions.
- Promote correct use of HR policies, procedures, tools and instruments, and advise on change where necessary.
- Maintain a network of potential candidates and sources for search and selection.
- Responsible for personnel administration, such as contract preparation and legal registration requirements of the tax authorities.
- Responsible for entire personnel filing systems and maintenance of personnel administration database for timely monthly input of personnel changes into the salary administration system
- Responsible for communication with and reporting to the Arbo service provider, insurance companies
- Assist foreign employees with administrative and legal processes involved with relocation to the Netherlands, such as registration with IND, application for social security number and other required registrations, acquiring a work permit and 30% tax facility.
The successful candidate is an action oriented, pro-active communicator who can think on a conceptual level but is prepared to dive into the detail when needed, has experience in a similar role and is interested in Wetlands International’s vision and mission.
Essential skills and experience
- Relevant study and/or a minimum of five years experience in a similar job
- Working experience on issues such as relevant law, legislation, contracts and conditions of employment;
- Experience with personnel management systems, preferably including salary payment systems.
- Experience with HR management in an international context
- Good working knowledge of MS-Office
- Fluent Dutch and English language skills
Preferred skills and experience
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural office environment
- Additional language skills, for example French or Spanish
For applying to this vacancy, please send us your resumé and application letter indicating your motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
before 15 August 2012. Please indicate our reference HRM2012 in the subject line of your e-mail. Interviews are planned for week 34 (20 -24 August) 2012.
For more information, please contact Bianca Bouwman (tel. no. +31 318 660 0914)