Reporting to: Finance Controller
Duration of assignment: 12 months
Full-time/Part-time: 32 hours per week
Salary Indication € 1750 - € 2300 (Scale 5-6) on a full time contract basis 36 hours
About Wetlands International
Wetlands International is dedicated to maintaining and restoring wetlands, for their environmental values as well as for human well-being. We work through a global network of offices, together with many partners and collaborators. We have set out ambitious goals and targets for 2011-2020 and are on a trajectory of growth in terms of our organisation and our impact. The issues we deal with in connection with wetlands – biodiversity, livelihoods, water, climate, disaster risk reduction and greening the economy – bring us into contact with a diverse range of stakeholders. Effective communications and advocacy is at the heart of our work, supporting projects and policy developments.
The organisation has a core staff of around 200 people in 18 offices world‑wide. Wetlands International works with partners in government, NGO’s and the private sector and manages a large number of global levels, multi-partner projects. Our work ranges from working at the grass roots level with community groups to advocacy at global conventions. The Ede office is the headquarters of the global organisation.
The Finance Team
At the headquarters of Wetlands International in Ede, the Finance team is responsible for the financial administration of the headquarters and for facilitating common accounting standards in the network of offices around the world.
The Finance team in Ede consists of the Finance Controller, 2 Finance Officers and 1 Finance Assistant and will temporarily be extended with another finance assistant. The team is responsible for timely and accurate accounting and reporting on the financial performance of the organization and on projects.
INSIDE Wetlands International:
The Finance team and all Headquarters staff.
OUTSIDE Wetlands International
Auditor and finance staff from other WI- offices
Overall Job Purpose:
As a member of the Finance team responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operation of financial processes, the financial project administration and the preparation of internal and external financial and management reports.
- Bookkeeping in accounting software (EXACT and later Microsoft-Dynamics AX)
- Reconciliation and monitoring of suspense accounts
- Preparation of specifications of ledger accounts
- Assist in budgeting and in internal and external reporting
- Assist in the implementation of the new finance system
- Act as backup for Finance Officer
- Ability to work with modern accounting software like EXACT and Microsoft Dynamics AX, preferably including Project Module
- Ability to work with MS Office applications (especially Excel)
- Good written and spoken English
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Enjoy working in an international multi-cultural organisation
- Recognised professional accounting qualification MEAO-BE/BA or equivalent
- Experience with Dutch financial and statutory reporting requirements
- Experience with project administration will be considered as an advantage
For more information about Wetlands International please, visit our website www.wetlands.org
To request more information on this post, please e-mail email@example.com or contact Silva Paronakian, HR Officer by telephone 0318 660913 (Absent on Wednesdays).
When applying for this vacancy, please send us a resume and an application letter indicating your reference FA-2013 in the subject line of your e-mail.
The closing date for receipt of applications for the above post is 15 January 2013.