We are seeking a Communications Intern to support the Communications & Advocacy Team to raise the profile and visibility of the organization’s work.
Overall Purpose of the role
The Communications Intern supports the team in delivering project and corporate communication materials, assisting in the creation of content and stories, helping with the Digital Asset Management system, supporting media relations, branding, website and social media activities.
Responsibilities and Tasks
General communications support
- Create compelling content (articles, stories, web copy, infographics, videos etc.) that
communicates our work and impact to different audiences across online and offline channels
- Support the creation and development of corporate communication products, such as the Annual review, brochures, presentations
- Draft multi-channel messaging (offline, mobile, social media, web copy, emails etc.)
- Assist in the maintenance of a Digital Asset Management system
- Help posting on the website and Intranet
- Draft monthly newsletter
- Help with the organization of webinars, sessions and events
INSIDE Wetlands International: Head of Communications and Advocacy, communications advocacy and technical staff across the office network.
OUTSIDE Wetlands International: Communications and advocacy staff in civil society, journalists/editors, and with contractors including designers, writers, printers.
The Intern is a communications all-rounder. They will be proactive, creative and collaborative, able to work in emerging and quick-changing contexts and will be a stickler for detail. The ideal candidate must be passionate about communications and the environment, with a commitment to continuous learning from others and a client-focused mindset of helping the team achieve its goals.
Education, experience and competencies
- Relevant degree in communications, digital marketing
- Some relevant work experience in communications or digital marketing is preferred
Articulate, creative, passionate, flexible and tenacious
- Experience in creating online and offline written content for different audiences
- Good IT experience using video/photo editing software, graphic design software and web content management systems
- Adobe Creative Suite knowledge highly desirable
- Curiosity and passion for communications and a willingness to learn from others and
- Must be a fluent English speaker
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy, please send us a resume and an application letter indicating your motivation to Joeri Borst ([email protected]) and mark in the subject: “Application – Internship Communications”. Questions about the internship and/or procedure can also be sent here. Deadline for the application is 26th July 2023.
Interviews will take place a.s.a.p. after the deadline. If you have not received any response within 1 week after deadline, you will not be invited for an