Wetlands International is the global not-for-profit organization dedicated to the conservation and restoration of wetlands. Our vision is a world where wetlands are treasured and nurtured for their beauty, the life they support and the resources they provide.
Our ambition over the next five years is to recover ten large wetland landscapes— mangroves, peatlands and freshwater wetlands of the Sahel – to benefit local communities, the economy and nature. We aim to do this by getting the political traction, finance and knowledge needed to bring wetland solutions into economic recovery, climate action and development, and so helping to achieve the Global Goals 2030.
We are seeking a Content Creator Intern to support the Communications & Advocacy Team to raise the profile and visibility of the organization’s work. The internship will be fulltime (36 hours) and can be done remotely. Being registered to a knowledge institution is an obligation for the validity of this internship.
Overall Purpose of the role
The Content Creator Intern supports the team in delivering project and corporate communication materials, assisting in the creation of content and stories, helping with the Digital Asset Management system, supporting media relations, branding, website and social media activities.
Responsibilities and Tasks
General communications support
- Create compelling content (articles, stories, web copy, infographics, videos etc.) that communicates our work and impact to different audiences across online and offline channels.
- Support the creation and development of corporate communication products, such as the Annual review, brochures, presentations, campaigns.
- Draft multi-channel messaging (offline, mobile, social media, web copy, emails etc.)
- Assist in the maintenance and development of our Digital Asset Management system
INSIDE Wetlands International: Head of Communications and Advocacy, communications advocacy and technical staff across the office network.
OUTSIDE Wetlands International: Communications and advocacy staff in civil society, journalists/editors, and contractors including designers, writers, and printers.
High on energy, low on ego and with a little bit of humour. You have a creative mindset and skills to translate messages into (visual) content. The ideal candidate must be passionate about communications and the environment, with a commitment to continuous learning from others and a client-focused mindset of helping the team achieve its goals.
Education, experience and competencies
- Relevant degree in communications, design or multimedia
- Some relevant work experience in communications or design is preferred
- Has experience in, and/or affinity with, photography and visual language
- Experience in creating online and offline visual content for different audiences.
- Experience in videography and animation is preferred
- Experience using video/photo editing software, graphic design software and web content management systems.
- Adobe Creative Suite knowledge highly desirable
- Must be a fluent English speaker.
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy, please send us a resume and an application letter indicating your motivation to Jozefa van der Veen, HR Officer [email protected].
Please mark in the subject: “Application – Communications Intern”. Questions about the vacancy and/or procedure can also be sent to this email address.
The deadline for the application is 28 February 2023.
Interviews will take place shortly after. Interesting candidates can be approached before the deadline