The Duck Specialist Group is a global network of duck specialists working on the monitoring, research, conservation and management of wild duck populations.
The DSG strives to facilitate effective communication and transfer of knowledge and best practice between members and others with an interest in duck management and conservation. It works closely with the Threatened Waterfowl Specialist Group, whose focus includes globally threatened duck species, and the Waterbird Harvest Specialist Group, whose work includes issues related to the sustainable harvest of ducks. Further information, including latest news on events and projects, can be found on the DSG website.
- Richard Hearn, Global Chair, Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust, Slimbridge, Gloucestershire GL2 7BT, UK. Email: [email protected].
- Matthieu Guillemain, Regional Coordinator (Europe): Office National de la Chasse et de la Faune Sauvage, France. Email: [email protected].
- Doug Harebottle, Regional Coordinator (Africa): University of the Western Cape, South Africa. Email: [email protected].
- Diana Solovyeva, Regional Coordinator (North Asia): Laboratory of Ornithology, Institute of Biological Problems of the North, Portovaya Str. 18, 685000 Magadan, Russia. Email: [email protected].
- Federation of Associations for Hunting and Conservation of the EU
- Institute of Biological Problems of the North, Russian Academy of Sciences.
- Office National de la Chasse et de la Faune Sauvage
- University of the Western Cape
- Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust
Header image © John Anderson