Resource Development Coordinator
About Wetlands International
Wetlands International is a worldwide, not-for-profit organisation with 60 years of experience. Our organisation is a Network made up of 20 offices working in over 100 countries, with outstanding technical staff around the world. Together with many partners, Wetlands International works to safeguard and restore wetlands for people and nature, so as to reconcile conflicts over water, reduce the risks and impacts of floods and droughts, meet future food needs and tackle climate change.
The Resource Development Coordinator supports the organisation’s efforts to mobilize resources, and tracks and evaluates resource development performance over time. This involves identifying and researching prospects, communicating and advising the Network on resource development, coordinating the fundraising efforts across the organization, and providing practical support to proposal development and submission processes.
The incumbent will report directly to the Head of Programmes of Wetlands International.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Identifies and evaluates opportunities for resource development according to the organisational positioning and priorities;
- Communicates opportunities in the Network, and supports offices with organizational documents and donor-specific information and guidance;
- Acts as the focal point to coordinate bids/proposal development involving dispersed teams, as requested;
- Records and maintains opportunities, submissions and outcomes thereof in the Professional Services Automation solution (PSA) database;
- Provides regular updates to the related teams, evaluates performance on resource development provides resource-development inputs to annual reporting and Supervisory Council reports;
- Supports and assists coordination of donor stewardship e.g. by maintaining a donor database, documenting relationship management information and carrying out background research;
- Coordinates with Communications staff to collect and produce case studies and programme stories for (donor) communications and marketing materials;
- Acts as the account manager for appropriate donors;
- Ensures an appropriate appreciation of the donors in consultation with the CEO.
The successful candidate will identify with Wetlands International’s mission and vision and have demonstrated experience in resource acquisition for comparable organisations, with an emphasis on institutional fundraising. S/he will have active, current networks in Europe and internationally, will be highly organized and skilled in team coordination, with excellent communication skills.
Essential experience and skills
- Relevant education in business development and relationship management.
- At least 5 years of experience of institutional resource development in an internationally operating organisation.
- Experience in working in a knowledge-rich, technical or science-based organization.
- Effective interpersonal skills with a facilitative and service oriented style.
- Working knowledge of relevant IT systems including management information and Customer Relations Management systems or relations database systems.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with fluency in English.
- Ability to work across cultures.
Preferred experience, networks and skills
- Experience in working in an international NGO.
- Existing donor and partner networks relevant to Wetlands International.
- Experience in working with different donor communities, such as trusts, foundations, governmental agencies, corporate companies, and relevant EU institutions.
- Ability to write clearly and persuasively to a wide range of different target donors and supporters.
- Additional language skills – particularly French, Spanish and / or Dutch.
- Part-time job, 24 hours per week (It’s 36 hours per week for a full-time job in Wetlands International).
- Salary scale 9-10 of Wetlands International (Euro 2.602 – Max. 570 based on a fulltime contract).
- Relocation package or 30% tax deduction can be considered when eligible.
- Contract duration: 1-year contract with intention of extension.
- Location: Head Office in Ede- Wageningen, The Netherlands.
- Start date: a.s.a.p.
How to apply
To apply for the post, please send an application email with “RD Coordinator” as the subject to [email protected] with the below two documents in English:
- a letter of application (no more than 2 pages) stating your motivation for this position and your demonstrated skills and experience for this post,
- your resume /CV (no more than 3 pages, without photos).
Deadline for the application: 24:00, 27 August 2017 (Central European Summer Time).
We are urgently looking for a volunteer!
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic volunteer that can help us enter information in the computer program EndNote. Experience with EndNote is not required but preferred.
Are you good at typing and ready to get to work?
Then we are looking for you!
We are looking for someone who is flexibly available on work days. The worktimes are also flexible. We offer a commute allowance of €0,15 per kilometer (for a max of 100 km) or a compensation of €1, – per hour.
Interested? Contact us at [email protected]. We are looking forward to getting to know you and your motivation to come work with us. Your CV is of course always welcome.
For more information about us you can visit our website: www.wetlands.org.