Wetlands International is the global not-for-profit organization dedicated to the conservation and restoration of wetlands. Our vision is a world where wetlands are treasured and nurtured for their beauty, the life they support, and the resources they provide.
Our ambition over the next five years is to recover ten large wetland landscapes— mangroves, peatlands, and freshwater wetlands of the Sahel – to benefit local communities, the economy, and nature. We aim to do this by getting the political traction, finance, and knowledge needed to bring wetland solutions into economic recovery, climate action, and development, and so helping to achieve the Global Goals 2030.
We are seeking a Communications Intern to support the Communications & Advocacy Team to raise the profile and visibility of the organization’s work.
Overall Purpose of the Job
The Communications Intern supports the team in delivering project and corporate communication materials, assisting in the creation of content and stories, helping with the multimedia library, supporting media relations, branding, website and social media activities.
Reporting to: Head of Communications and Advocacy/ As appropriate
Full-time: 36 hours
Responsibilities and tasks
General communications support
- Create compelling content (articles, stories, web copy, infographics, videos etc.) that communicates our work and impact to different audiences across online and offline channels.
- Support the creation and development of corporate communication products, such as the Annual Review, brochures, presentations.
- Draft multi-channel messaging (offline, mobile, social media, web copy, emails etc.)
- Assist in the maintenance of a multimedia library.
- Help posting on the website and Intranet
- Draft monthly newsletter
- Help with the organization of webinars, sessions and events
INSIDE Wetlands International: Head of Communications and Advocacy, communications advocacy and technical staff across the office network.
OUTSIDE Wetlands International: Communications and advocacy staff in civil society, journalists/editors, and with contractors including designers, writers, printers.
The Intern is a communications all-rounder. They will be proactive, creative and collaborative, able to work in emerging and quick-changing contexts and will be a stickler for detail. The ideal candidate must be passionate about communications and the environment, with a commitment to continuous learning from others and a client-focused mindset of helping the team achieve its goals
Education, experience, and competencies
- Relevant degree in communications, digital marketing
- Some relevant work experience in communications or digital marketing is preferred
- Articulate, creative, passionate, flexible and tenacious
- Experience in creating online and offline written content for different audiences.
- Good IT experience using video/photo editing software, graphic design software and web content management systems.
- Adobe Creative Suite knowledge is highly desirable
- Curiosity and passion for communications and a willingness to learn from others and constantly improve.
- Must be a fluent English speaker
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy, please send us a resume and an application letter indicating your motivation to – Jozefa van der Veen, HR Officer. Email – [email protected].
Please mark in the subject: “Communications Intern”. Questions about the internship and/or procedure can also be sent to this email address.
Deadline: we’d like the intern to start as quickly as possible.