Our annual review and accounts assess how we have delivered on our mission, vision, and strategic intent. We are pleased to present Wetlands International Annual Review and Accounts 2022, in the format of a digital magazine, The Source.
The Source brings to life our achievements, impacts, and progress while highlighting those responsible for our endeavors in safeguarding and restoring the world’s wetlands. This includes our dedicated network teams across the globe, as well as our valued partners, donors, and members.
Our Annual Review showcases the importance of wetlands and provides insight into the most challenging yet exciting programmes around the world under our three “Streams”: Coasts & Deltas, Rivers & Lakes, and Peatlands.
2022 included many pivotal milestones and breakthroughs for us. Among many other highlights, we:
- Achieved the inclusion of wetland targets in the CBD’s Global Biodiversity Framework
- Launched the Mangrove Breakthrough at COP27
- Received the inaugural World Restoration Flagship award for our ‘Building with Nature Indonesia’ initiative by the UN.
- Alongside our partners, we received the Global Food Planet prize for Global Mangrove Alliance
- Published our annual State of the World’s Mangroves report for 2022
- Forged a new 10-year partnership with the Swedish International Development Agency to upscale healthy, biodiverse, and well-managed wetland landscapes
We extend our thanks to our growing partners and generous donors whose continued support allows us to achieve impact in 2022 – and to our dedicated staff throughout the Wetlands International network, who can celebrate another landmark year for wetlands worldwide.
The Source Annual Review 2022download
The Source Annex 2022download